Supervisors: Professor Roger Falconer and Dr Reza Ahmadian
Catherine is a first year PhD student currently enrolled on the WISE programme, and will be completing her research project at Cardiff University.
Catherine’s academic background includes:
- MA in Education from the University of Cumbria in 2017. Dissertation title: ‘Efficacy of Interventions in GCSE Mathematics.’
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education from the University of Cumbria in 2012
- MSc in Sustainable Energy and Environment from Cardiff University in 2011. Dissertation title: ‘Impacts of the Severn Barrage.’
- BSc (Hons) in Environmental Geoscience from Cardiff University in 2009. Dissertation title: ‘The Effects of Human Management on River Flow Characteristics’
Catherine previously worked as a Mathematics teacher from 2012-2016 at St George’s School, Blackpool.
- Use of waterways for generating power
- Emerging sustainable technologies
- Flow characteristics of rivers in urban settings that have undergone human management
- Disposal of waste water from industry