Supervisors: Professors Raziyeh Farmani and Dragan Savic
Paula is planning on undertaking her research project here at the University of Exeter, as part of the WISE programme. Paula’s academic background includes:
- MA in Urban Design from Oxford Brookes University in 2016. Dissertation title: ‘Flood resilient coastal cities through regeneration projects. The case of Sutton Harbour, Plymouth.’
- BSc and MSc in Environmental Science from the University of Leon (2008-2013).
- Erasmus scholarship student 2012-2013: MSc in Environmental Science at University of Gothenburg. Dissertation title: ‘Seasonal risk of flood prone areas in Västra Götaland County, Sweden.’
- Seneca scholarship student 2011-2012: BSc in Environmental Technology at Polytechnic University of Valencia.
Previously, Paula has been working as a Graduate Planning Consultant at WYG in Southampton. This role involved: preparing planning applications, environmental impact assessments and environmental permit applications for minerals and waste management developments. As well as coordinating and undertaking environmental monitoring of landfill gas, groundwater and surface water quality, and soil sampling.
- Water scarcity and sanitation problems in developing countries, in particular, Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia.